Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chapter 18

Who's Missing You....?
As I lay here in bed, I am thinking of three things: What got me here? Where am I headed? and Who am I missing?  I don't have an answer for two out of the three right now; however, one I know for sure.  Who am I missing?  Where do I begin?  Unless you have had that euphoric feeling that smacks you in the face and makes you take notice; the one that stimulates your senses all with one harmonious AAHHH moment, then you might find it hard to understand.  I have a very unexpected crush on my best friend and I am just figuring it out.  I hope that I survive all of this so I can tell her and give her a long, passionate kiss that will rival those of Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams in that movie "The Notebook".  It is said that the endorphins produced by kissing are over 200 times more powerful than morphine.  Well...after we embrace, she is gonna be addicted to my lips!  Now back to reality...  There was a knock at the door.  "Hello Ricky! How are you feeling today?" asked doctor Stevens.  I was still day dreaming about her and it was reflected in my response.  "I am feeling great!" I replied.  I can't wait to tell her everything about how I feel and what she means to me.  "Ricky I stopped by today to tell you that the lab has concluded that your right lung has also been infected with TB.  Since you have been on medication, the good news is that it shouldn't spread.  Your body is getting slammed from all directions right now but we can fight this" the doctor told me.  I was so into my sweetie that I forgot about the possibility of never talking to her again.  We had an argument the last time we spoke and she has no idea that I am even in the hospital.  Nobody ever really wins in an argument and, most of the time, what you argue about is never as important as having the other person in your life.  Right now, nothing rings truer....

No comments:

Post a Comment